Senior Tutor (Teacher) HE Science and Access to Science- Harlow Colleg
About the team
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and talented individual who will be able to play a key role in preparing, planning and delivering learning on our Foundation Degree in Bioscience and Access to science programmes.
About the role
As a flexible, creative and pro-active professional you'll be expected to use a range of effective and appropriate teaching and learning initiative that engage, motivate and enable all learners to develop and succeed, as well as maximising student potential. You will also be working to address individual learning needs, overcome barriers to learning and encourage autonomous learning.
What we are looking for
- Biomedical science experience, such as biomedical laboratory techniques, microbiology or pathology
- A science or biology related degree or equivalent
- Curriculum knowledge and, where relevant, industrial experience
- Ideally, a teaching qualification or willingness to undertake study of a teaching qualification
- Experience of delivering high standards of teaching using appropriate teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to motivate and engage learners to learn and work hard
- Evidence of good organisation, planning and assessment skills
What we can offer
The successful candidate can expect the College to fund any training required for the role, expect investment in their professional development and opportunities to further their career. Our full time teaching staff normally teach up to 24 hours per week during term time and receives an excellent benefits package consisting of 42 days annual leave plus bank holidays, generous Pension Scheme (Teachers' Pension Scheme), on-site parking facilities, staff discount and many more.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from all sections of the community.