Deputy Home Manager
Deputy Home Manager Bedfordshire GBP25,000 - GBP28,000 per annum Permanent, full time
Your new company
One of the UK's largest providers of specialist education and behavioural health services for children and young people. They provide a range of specialist services including children's specialist education and children's residential services. They are currently looking to recruit a Deputy Home Manager to support and manage staff to enable them to meet the needs of children and young people. This is a fantastic opportunity for a career within an exceptional organisation.
Your new role
As the Deputy Home Manager you will work in partnership with other professionals to achieve optimum outcomes for young people. To offer supervision and support to senior staff in line with quality standards and in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
- Ensuring that each young person has an allocated key worker
- Chairing children's meetings and facilitating consultation with young people generally
- Acting as an appropriate adult at PACE interviews
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of staff including induction training for new staff into the home.
- Supervision of new starters during their probationary period.
- Develop a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to decision making
- Offering 1:1 supervision to staff in line with quality standards
- To work on a rota basis according to the needs of young people
- Providing managerial control and direction in relation to staff duties and responsibilities.
- Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people
- To receive supervision in line with quality standards. and to take responsibility for personal development and progress of individual training needs
- To carry out all other reasonable tasks or directed by the Registered
What you'll need to succeed
You will have proven experience within a children's home setting and an excellent understand Childcare legislation and Safeguarding. You will have an understanding of the needs of BESD Children and an ability to manage challenging behaviour.
- NVQ4 Residential Care or equivalent
- Level 5 Management qualification is desirable
- Experience of devising, implementing and evaluation of changes with the involvement of front line staff to continually improve services, systems and standards, in conjunction with the Registered Manager and the Senior Management team
- The experience in being able to deputise in the absence of the Registered Manager
- Driver with full current licence and business insurance
- Childcare legislation and Safeguarding knowledge
- Understanding needs of BESD Children
- Recent / current experience in a position relevant to the residential care of children
- Recent or current role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role
What you'll get in return
As well as a competitive salary you will also benefit from a supportive working environment which encourages continuous professional training and development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.