Property Insurance Advisor - Northern Ireland Home Based
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Digital Team for a Property Insurance Advisor (PIA) on a full time, permanent basis.
This is a home working/peripatetic role for customer visits to cover Northern Ireland and the surrounding areas. A valid driving licence is required.
Purpose of the Role
The Property Insurance Adviser will review digital evidence at desk and where appropriate be the "eyes and ears" of the Home claims function by visiting customers to support them through the Claims journey.
This person will be responsible for the control of claim costs to ensure the customer is indemnified in line with Policy cover, instruction of Suppliers and managing the progress of on-going repairs. PIAs will own the customer journey and indemnity cost control on all claims which are appointed to them which will include Contents (Theft) and Building damage claims.
What being a Property Insurance Advisor involves
- Ownership & accountability for claims that require review by a Buildings expert, to include more complex and high value (up to GBP50,000) Desktop With Visit claims, utilising digital evidence including video and photographs to create a scope for repairs to facilitate settlement negotiation
- Compliance with policy cover/indemnity thresholds & business rules/record keeping/identify fraud following appropriate referral process/accurate reserving practice/diary/activity process/ repudiation process/recovery process/cheque accuracy/Payment Authorisation level 2/Self. Authorisation/Duplicate payments/HET cost savings/claims cost control
- Validation of claims that require a field based scoper visit and repudiate claims in line with policy terms and conditions
- Support DLG Disaster Restoration and Recovery Specialist team to validate claims which require a field visit to ensure Indemnity cost control and to support the Customer journey
- Support Customer Relations where a DLG field visit is required to facilitate complaints resolution
- Continue to manage claims on a delegated authority basis, following a claim through to completion and settlement
- Negotiating a settlement with customers (up to GBP50,000) and arranging payments
- Deliver high levels of Customer Satisfaction contributing to the overall Customer Satisfaction Scores through fair interpretation of the policy coverage, speed of response and expectation management and working collaboratively with Customer Relations to improve the customer experience
- Maintain an accurate reserve throughout the life of the claim
- Determine rectification works necessary and act as point of technical referral for any variation in scope of works required
- Point of contact for updates, progress and co-ordination of the claim with close management of the customers expectations
- Support home claims, involving a subrogated recovery element, by carrying out investigations and providing information relevant to possible recovery opportunities
- Provide "on the ground" management of customer claims handling during severe weather events
- Resource DLG Surge Support Vehicle (CHARLIE) and support PR opportunities identified by Press Office in connection with Surge Events and DLG response
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role, in line with the DLG Insurance risk framework
- Take ownership & accountability for the claim
- Ensure appropriate handling of the claim and effective control of claims spend
- Manage instruction of fulfilment suppliers within SLA's
- Manage customer expectations and keep the customer experience at the heart of everything we do, ensuring adherence at all times to the principles of Treating the Customer Fairly
- Successful achievement of all business targets as set out within departmental measures
- Identify & support both subrogated and dual indemnity recovery opportunities
- Support Press Office activities to promote DLG and its Brands
Skills and qualities you'll need
- Ability to utilise digital evidence to facilitate claim settlements.
- Able to negotiate effectively - by telephone and face to face.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and proactively manage own case load.
- Can understand problems and find solutions.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Has an appetite for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of insurance principles, practices, building construction and repair methods is desirable.
- This is a home based role covering Northern Ireland
Working Hours - 35 hours per week