Area Sales Manager - Organic Chemistry
A great opportunity for a Scientist with an Organic or Medicinal Chemistry background to move into scientific technical sales with a supportive company and an excellent reputation!
TERRITORY: Southern UK
PRODUCTS: Chemistry laboratory equipment, including spectrometers, reactor systems and temperature control instrumentation.
CUSTOMERS: Research and Industrial Laboratories
This role is field-based, with 80% travel to customer sites across the region and one day per week working from home, booking appointments etc.
- Driving sales across the territory.
- Working towards quarterly and annual sales targets
- Providing demonstrations, presentations and seminars to clients
- Supporting the wider team and other territories when required
- Proactive development of strategy to develop the business in the region
- Ensure excellent market awareness and of competitor activity
- Maintaining an up to date customer database using our CRM system
- Degree level qualification in a scientific subject, with post-degree laboratory experience. Knowledge of Process Chemistry Systems, NMR spectroscopy is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Scientific sales experience within the chemistry sector is preferred but not essential