Team Manager - Assessment Service
Evergood Associates are currently supporting our client based in Bedfordshire in recruiting for an experienced and qualified Social worker to act as a Team Manager in their Children's & Families Assessment Service. You will be expected to supervise a team of social workers and other staff delivering statutory services and to retain accountability for the management of cases so that the best outcomes for children are achieved.
- Effectively lead and develop a team of staff in such a way as to retain staff and achieve both short and medium term business objectives & performance target
- Undertake professional supervision of staff to ensure effective decision making on cases and professional development through reflective practice.
- Continuously monitor cases through auditing and use of management information so that quality and performance standards are met
- To decide when cases should be closed or referred to other agencies in line with standard thresholds and procedures, so that children and families receive the services appropriate to their needs and the Council's statutory obligations
- Ensure the effective recording of case information and the protection of data by staff so that Divisional, statutory and regulatory requirements are met at all times.
- Ensure that any resource shortfall that impinges on service delivery is identified and referred to the Head of Service or Practice Manager with appropriate recommendations
- In conjunction with other team leaders and in dialogue with workers, allocate cases that are appropriate to their experience and current caseloads, ensuring effective handovers.
- Undertake risk assessments and take effective action to manage the risk to staff from service users
- Actively develop and maintain relationships with partner agencies and ensure that social workers are being effective partners to these.
- To effectively chair statutory meetings so that meeting objectives are met
- To monitor and approve social workers recommendations on expenditure on service users to the Head of Service and or Panels, so that these are evidence-based, proportionate and likely to result in best outcomes for children.
- To contribute to the development of the service as part of the management team.
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Reliable Payroll run on a weekly basis
- Free DBS and compliance service
- GBP150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Mark Thompson on ext 3 or send your CV & contact details to ciates.co.uk