Operational Planning Manager
Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- Working here is about being there for our customers; we're available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it's also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We'll help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
- At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that's important to you is protected. With over 180 years' experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
- Provide planning and forecasting support for the 3 operations teams in Birmingham
- Manage a team of circa 15 people
- Manage operational budget planning process for the Operations Teams
- Provide day to day insight into performance levels across areas
- Own the Operational Planning Strategic Roadmap to ensure we achieve best in class service, driving automation and best practice, Drive the teams to develop the teams skill set to adhere to the strategic roadmap
- Overall responsibility for the MI development, Tactical delivery and Business Plans to ensure they are best fit for the business, overseeing priorities where we have conflicting requirements
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the business, liaise with heads, SDMs, team leaders, operatives and third parties to gather information and resolve issues
- Support the company in achieving its customer, service and financial objectives
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels in a manner that is consistent with the company's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise their potential, their engagement and their contribution to the business
- Develop a wide knowledge of the GI Insurance business and use it to integrate different data streams to provide added insight to your audience and increase visibility of the overall performance of the organization
- Actively participate in the achievement of the Operational Planning mission statement: 'Foster an efficient environment where engaged people deliver superior service'
- Skills Required
- Forecasting techniques
- Be able to 'manual' forecast (using advanced excel and Erlang models); the ability to model forecasts derived from historic data and statistics generated from disparate operating platforms (WFM, ACD, CRM etc) is essential
Customer Contact Channels
- Understanding of load balancing and blending of contact center resource across front and back office business functions
Technology / Systems
- An expert in Contact Centre technologies e.g. IEX, QMAX, CMS, Avaya, EG, Call routing, ACD functionality, reporting etc with main focus on EG
- Effective, concise and professional communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor complex information to the appropriate level for an audience in order to gain buy in to proposals or concepts
Logical / methodical approach
- Analytical and logical thinker with the ability to apply creative solutions to achieve a desired outcome
- Ensure that the customer journeys are understood and options are provided to the Contact Centre Management team to continually enhance the customer experience
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more details on this role, please contact Helen Brockbank, Resourcing Lead at .