Lecturer in English - Wakefield College
Lecturer in English
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: GBP24,271 - GBP25,733 per annum (Unqualified)
GBP26,502- GBP30,715 per annum (Qualified)
Location: Based at one of the College's main campuses
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lecturer in English to join Wakefield College. You will provide outstanding teaching to ensure that all our learners succeed and achieve their highest potential.
As Lecturer in English, you will teach on a range of programmes including GCSE English and Functional Skills English.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional who will establish a culture of excellent behaviour, motivation and high learner performance through excellent standards of teaching and learning.
As a Lecturer in English, you should:
- Hold a professional qualification or degree in a relevant area (level 4 or above)
- Have GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
- Be able to evidence relevant Continuing Professional Development
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of highly effective teaching in English, with particular experience of re-engaging young people
- A passion for supporting students to succeed
- Excellent people skills in order to support the achievement of above average results
- A track record of ability to implement key initiatives in a dynamic and changeable environment
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 20 October 2017
Interview date: Wednesday 1 November 2017
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning ???
??? by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.