Regional Fundraising Officer (Central Region)
We are looking for a confident and ambitious fundraiser to join the regional community team, taking ownership of fundraising activity in the Central region, which includes Berkshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire. This region is full of exciting fundraising events, now all we need is a dedicated fundraiser to seek out further opportunities to engage with and secure income from individuals, groups and corporates across our Central region.
Main tasks include:
- Use own initiative to extend volunteer networks, recruit new volunteers, develop new groups and supporters, and respond to fundraising opportunities.
- Identify and apply for 'Charity of the Year' partnerships with corporates in the region and account manage these relationships up to a value of GBP50,000 per annum.
- Provide high-quality account/relationship management to volunteer groups and regional corporate partners.
- Support existing volunteer fundraisers to encourage continued loyalty to the charity and to maximise funds raised, in accordance with fundraising legislation and good practice.
- Ensure that fundraising activity is implemented and managed locally by supporting and facilitating the development of groups and volunteers across the region.
- Liaise with local community organisations to extend income and activity in line with strategy.
- Provide face-to-face talks and presentations to community organisations.
- Arrange appropriate volunteer representation at events in the community, spreading the charity's reach cost-effectively.
We are looking for:
- A track record of successful community fundraising.
- Experience of recruiting key volunteers and fundraising supporters.
- Experience of recruiting and supporting volunteer groups.
- Experience in regional corporate acquisition and account management.
- Experience in public-speaking, such as giving presentations and talking at events.
- Knowledge of Institute of Fundraising Codes of Fundraising Practice and legal framework of event management and fundraising ethics.
Location: Home based, within the Central region.
If you are interested in applying, please visit our website. Interviews will be held 1 November 2017. Please specify in your cover letter if you are unavailable to interview on this day.
Closing date: 22 October 2017