Campaigns Assistant (Outreach and Engagement)
Job Title: Campaigns Assistant (Outreach and Engagement)
Salary: GBP22,150 per annum
Salary Band: D1
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 1
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 15/10/17 at 23:59
Are you passionate about getting people involved in the UK Parliament and creating more engaged and active citizens? Interested in using your campaigning skills to empower and inspire the public to get involved in democracy? Want to be part of a successful team that run high profile and impact campaigns about Parliament? Then our Campaigns Assistant role is for you.
The purpose of this post is to work as part of the Outreach and Engagement Campaigns team, to deliver a new and innovative events and projects that engage people with the UK Parliament's work and Members.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Good IT skills, with the ability to use MS Word and Outlook; has the capability to use and learn new IT skills, including content management systems, inputting, retrieving and auditing documents on databases.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to respond quickly to customer requests and keep customer updated on progress; ability to handle difficult customers and refer any problems or queries to senior colleagues, using discretion.
- Knowledge or experience of prioritising and organising own workload to achieve demanding deadlines through careful planning; recognises when additional support is needed to achieve tasks and knows when to seek support.
- Annual leave starting at 28 days pro rata
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description which can be found on the House of Commons careers website.