Principal Social Worker
Department of Children's Services
Children's Social Care
Following internal promotion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Principal Social Worker to continue to drive our journey to excellence and build on our strengths.
In this role you are the key link between front line social work practice and senior management where:
'Leadership within children's social care is effective and senior managers are creating a healthy environment in Bradford for effective social work to flourish'.
Ofsted JTAI (April 2017)
- have overall responsibility for championing and developing high quality social work practice
- support innovation and continuous improvement
- be the strategic lead for our Signs of Safety approach which is making a real difference to create change in families every day
- help to develop our newly qualified social workers and coach our experienced social workers to further improve quality
- lead on developing our workforce, recruitment and succession planning, including training and professional development of social workers
- build on the strong links with our Higher Education teaching partners and local partners involved in safeguarding children
We will offer you quality support and supervision and learning opportunities to help develop yourself and the role. You will be a member of the Strategic Leadership Group and will also represent Children's Specialist Services in local, regional and national arenas.
Do you bring the skills, passion and dedication that we are looking for?
- 5 years post qualification experience as a level 3 Social Worker (or equivalent) working with children and families including a minimum of 2 years supervisory management experience.
- DipSW, CQSW or equivalent professional social work qualification. Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Good leadership and communication skills, ability to work on your own initiative and work with a range of service users, colleagues and partners.
- Committed to delivering high quality services to vulnerable children and families and a focus on continuous improvement.
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
To apply, please click on 'Visit Website'
For further information regarding this post please contact Di Drury, Head of Social Work, on .
Closing Date: 23 rd October 2017
Interviews to be held on Friday 3 rd November 2017