Soft Services Coordinator
Soft Services Coordinator Job Description
Name & Position:
Soft Services Coordinator
Estates & Facilities
Head of Department:
Location: 32-39 Bedford Square, 4 Morwell Street & 16-18 Morwell Street
Reporting to: Head of Estates
Key relationships: You will have a reasonable amount of autonomy and also work closely with the Estates team (H&S Compliance Officer, Maintenance & Workshop teams, Security/Duty Managers team, and Catering and Reception teams) when carrying out quality audits with them, or when dealing with maintenance/help desk requests and health & safety issues.
Hours: 10am - 6pm from Monday to Sunday - 5 days p/week
- To support the work of the Estates department in service monitoring and supplier/contractor management, ensuring that the highest standards of performance are always maintained.
- To support the H&S Compliance Officer in the development of staff through Health and Safety training.
- To ensure the optimal use of all resources.
- To be the representative for the AA in respect of Health and Safety, and drive forward the implementation of all procedures within all departments.
Authority and responsibilities:
- Provide support to the maintenance team on the raising and closing of reactive, PPM and scheduled job requests
- Provide support to the HoE in maintaining supplier matrix and the associated documentation
- Provide support to the H&S Compliance Officer and the Estates team in maintaining training matrix
- Assist in the compliance of existing health and safety policy and safe working practices, liaise closely with the H&S Compliance Officer and heads od departments
- Cover for health and safety induction sessions
- Manage and maintain stationery supplies
- Order Facilities and Security uniforms and keep log
- Order and maintain health and safety supplies stock, particularly first aid supplies & signage, and as requested
- Attend team meetings and produce subsequent minutes/actions
- Act as a fist port of call for help desk queries
- Monitor the active jobs logged daily
- Together with security supervisor and maintenance manager manage key and lock changes, including ordering of supplies and updating door code list
- Operate and manage waste management processes and contracts, including disposal of recycling, hazardous and confidential waste
- Keep all consignment notes in relation to waste transfer and WEEE collection certificates
- Implement requests and changes to the signage package for the AA premises
- Ensure building plans are kept up to date
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Estates
- Operate and manage cleaning contract
- Establish and maintain filing systems
- Periodically inspect the facility, such as store rooms, workshops and water outlets (at least weekly) to ensure all areas are kept in a neat, orderly, clean, safe and efficiently operating condition and report any housekeeping or maintenance issues accordingly
- In cooperation with H&S Compliance Officer and HoE develop and manage H&S/Estates website
- To assist with the investigation of accidents and incidents arising from the School's activities.
- To help develop and maintain the School contingency plan, ensuring emergency response and minimising the level of risk to the institution
- To ensure that the safety of all staff and visitors to the AA remains of paramount importance at all times.
Security & Reception:
- To assist with the provision of a customer oriented services for all students, staff and visitors to the School, ensuring safe activities in a safe and friendly environment.
- Provide back-up to Front of House staff to ensure holiday/sick leave cover
- To assist with the departmental annual budget preparation.
- To carry out, as requested, a quality and cost review of the supplies.
- To ensure the preferred supplier lists are used at all time to gain competitive/corporate prices in all areas.
- To be available for staff briefings/meetings and the school events.
- To be available for occasional weekend work or ensure representation in the building whenever contractors are appointed to work over these periods subject to overtime at the rate in accordance with the school policy or subject to days off in lieu.
- To undertake any reasonable requests for ad hoc duties by the line manager.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Sufficient experience of providing a facilities or maintenance service in a busy organisation
- Some experience of working with contractors and suppliers and monitoring of service standards
- Understanding of compliance requirements and working with service level agreement
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Enthusiasm and commitment to learn about and get involved in the department's activities
- Ability to prioritise workload, to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to write clear instructions/strong command of written and spoken English
- Able to produce guidance documents
- A working knowledge of H&S legislation (CDM, Asbestos Regulations, The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, Fire Safety Regulations, COSHH, Manual Handling, Working at Heights, etc.)
- Strong computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office
- Able to work on own initiative and as a part of a team
- The post holder must be able to undertake all the physical requirements of the job, such as extensive use of display screen equipment, frequent visits to all areas of the site, reaching and working in high/or awkward locations (always according to H&S guidelines), such as roofs, boiler rooms.
Although the role is based around normal office working hours (10am to 6pm), the post holder may occasionally be required to alter working hours to suit the requirements of the position, including attendance, in conjunction with the Estates team member, to carry out inspections/audits/investigations.
What We Offer:
Full-time salary GBP29,500.00 per annum with generous holiday benefits, and a defined-contribution pension scheme.
If called to an interview, please provide at least two professional references.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. The AA looks to make the appointment with start of work as soon as possible.
The AA, inc. has an equal opportunities policy applicable to all job vacancies, and internal applicants are encouraged to apply.