Adoption Social Worker
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Temporary (6 month) Adoption Social Worker to work as part of a dedicated Adoption Team within Doncaster Children's Services Trust. We are looking to recruit an experienced social worker who is keen to work in a friendly and established Adoption Team who has a supportive and compassionate approach to providing support to adoptive families and children. As an Adoption Social Worker you will complete assessments for post adoption support and provide support to adoptive families, co-work with other members of the team who run a peer support group for adopters, a play and chat group for children and their adoptive parents and a support group for adolescents. You may also complete assessments on prospective adopters, presenting your reports to the Adoption Panel and family find for children where there is a plan of adoption.
This is an exciting opportunity to further your career and develop your skills. The salary is competitive and can be negotiated based on the successful candidate's previous experience.
Our practice development programme will ensure our practice is leading edge and that our social workers are supported and developed to maximise their confidence and competence at all times. We have also signed up to Mindful Employer to ensure our staff are equipped with the tools and techniques to support their resilience.
Here is what we can offer qualified and registered HCPC social workers:
- Salary commensurate with your experience
- Personal Development including the opportunity to get involved in research and innovation projects. Our newly launched Practice Improvement Programme which will enhance all of our social workers knowledge and competence to grow everyone's confidence in their practice. We believe we offer one of the best training opportunities in the region.
- Discount Scheme for high street names.
- The ability to work flexibly ensuring service need and personal need are balanced.
- A dedicated business support team to our social work team to our social worker teams.
- Plus we continue to look for ways to support our staff both professionally and personally.
If you are interested in finding out more please read through the attached job description and person specification and apply online.
For more information about the role or for an informal chat please contact Claire Holmes on or email .