SQL DBA - DBA Consultant
SQL DBA, DBA Support, SQL Server 2008R2, Azure, Database Design (latest technology direction), Implementation, Maintenance, Replication, performance tuning, restorations, backups, archiving.
Lithium3 bring an outstanding opportunity as a SQL DBA to direct and perform activities related to maintaining a successful database environment. This candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the database system; establishing policies and procedures, security, maintenance and training employees in database management and use.
- Ensuring all database Servers are backed up in line with the company's business recovery point objectives (RPO)
- Testing backups
- Troubleshooting SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configuring SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies
- Installing and configure new SQL Servers
- Deploying database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
Our client are committed to investing in new cloud based technologies so the successful candidate will be fully exposed to these latest technology and take a leading role in implementation as well as BAU DBA support and improvement of the database environment.
The role is permanent and the companies benefits are excellent including home working for part of the week once settled and practical.
If interested please apply in the first instance.
Lithium3 Technology Recruitment Limited and our client are equal opportunity employers.