Contract: 6 Months Fixed-Term Contract
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours
Location: Whitechapel, London
Salary: GBP20,000 - GBP23,000 per annum
Application Closing Date: Sunday 15 October 2017 at 12pm
Interviews: Tuesday 17 October 2017
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating - and fastest growing - health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now - and take action now - to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition.
Diabetes UK is looking to appoint a Contracts Assistant. The overall purpose of the job is to review the contracts portfolio of Diabetes UK and ensure all contracts are compliant with the future requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). This will involve you liaising with contract owners across the organisation, drafting and amending agreements, as well as keeping up to date on developments in the regulatory environment for data protection and charities. Other responsibilities include supporting the Information Governance team in relation to records management and any other tasks relating to compliance with GDPR. The role will work closely with the Head of Legal & Compliance. We are looking for you to have:
- Experience of working as a paralegal, with a good understanding and experience of contract law
- Contract drafting experience
- Basic understanding of data protection law
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail and a systematic approach
What we can offer you:
- On-the-job learning in contract drafting skills and information governance
- Generous annual leave starting off at 25 days plus bank holidays
- Discounted gym membership
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Pension provision
- A Cash Healthcare Plan
For more information and to apply please visit us at Diabetes UK via the button below.
Please ensure you address the person specification in your application's supporting statement.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.