Family Support Social Worker | Milton Keynes
Locum vacancy for an experienced children's Social Worker to join a Family Support team in Milton Keynes. Contract for up to 1 year.
This is an extremely well run team with protected caseloads which do not go above 11.
As a Social Worker in this local authority Family Support service the role will involve:
* Responsibility for caseload of children and young people who are subject to Child Protection and Child In Need plans
* Working in a preventative way, under section 17 of the Children Act 1989 with young people and their families to avoid them becoming Looked After
* Direct protective work
* Completing assessments
* Presenting cases at Child Protection conferences
* Organising and chairing core group meetings
* Organising and chairing family support meetings
* Undertaking section 47 investigations
* Organising and participating in multi-agency strategy meetings
* Liaising with fostering team and when necessary, placing children and young people into the care of the Local Authority
* For Looked After young people, being their corporate parent, working with carers to ensure their needs are met and that they are able to fulfil their potential
* Producing care plans for Looked After Young People
* Cover the duty system on a rota basis
* Undertaking Return Interviews after children missing from home or placement
* Completing section 7 reports
* Working directly with sexual abuse victims
Pay rate GBP30 per hour. Mileage rate 45p
Candidates are required to be HCPC registered Social Workers, have experience of working with children in need and child protection and be car owner-drivers.
Don't forget...Eden Brown Synergy offers a GBP200 referral bonus for Social Workers. If this role isn't for you but you know someone suitable, ask them to get in touch. GBP200 could be on it's way to you!
Your expert recruitment consultant is Lisa Foster, call today on or email
Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.