Network Lead Teacher for Science (Secondary)
An exciting opportunity to lead the development of outstanding Science provision across the schools in our Birmingham secondary school hub, whilst also contributing to the leadership of our growing regional network.
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to make sure that every child, regardless of background, has access to a great education and real choices in life.
We know that great schools need great teachers, which is why we offer you the very best training and support at every stage of your career - from starting out as an NQT to running your own school.
Our highly-successful network of 34 schools educates over 20,000 students across Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth. They are achieving some of the best results in the country despite being largely in areas of historic academic underachievement.
We are currently looking to recruit an outstanding teacher and subject leader to work as a Network Lead for Science with the Secondary schools in our Birmingham hub.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of securing excellent outcomes
- have an up-to-date knowledge of subject curricula and assessment requirements
- have had experience of successfully leading a subject area
- have had experience of delivering effective training to individuals and groups of staff
- have proven experience of identifying, and implementing effective strategies for improving science attainment in urban schools at KS3, 4 and preferably 5
- have a highly effective style that is both consultative and influential
- be able to demonstrate resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
- be aligned with Ark's ethos of growth mind set, high aspirations and high expectations of self and others
- be keen to contribute to the development of the region by helping to lead one of our areas of school improvement - precisely which one will depend on the skillset of the successful applicant
For a full job description and to apply, please visit our website via the button below. Please submit your application form by 16 October 2017.
Interviews to be held 20 October 2017
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact Katie Roberts, HR Administrator on .
Closing date: 16 October at 11am
Start Date: January 2018 or Easter 2018
Salary: Circa GBP55,000
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check