Head of Management Information
HEAD OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION
SALARY: Up to GBP65k, plus pension and performance-related pay
Location: Stevenage and working across Group sites
We're passionate about helping people realise their potential and we're determined to do an amazing job - whether we're helping NHC students get to where they want to be in life or helping Hart L&D clients attract and retain the talent they need.
Working to the Group Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for our management information function - maintaining compliant, accurate and up to date student records; managing our data relationship with funding partners; and, providing curriculum colleagues with the timely, accurate information and analysis they need to drive performance.
- Up to GBP65k basic salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Participation in group-wide Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversight of end-to-end management information processes in NHC and Hart L&D including e.g. application, enrolment, on-programme, achievement, destination data.
- Leadership of a team which is responsible for populating, maintaining and ownership of NHC / Hart L&D student records - working with relevant colleagues across curriculum departments.
- Ownership of our data / funding relationship with ESFA, HEFCE and others as required including e.g. submission of accurate, optimised, ILRs to ESFA each month.
- Accountability for audit compliance with ESFA, HEFCE, internal and external audit etc. Ensure that all records are accurate and compliant - manifesting in clean audit reports.
- Oversight of a comprehensive suite of management reports, providing colleagues with robust, accurate reports to an agreed cycle and change management of such reports to ensure focussed business intelligence.
- Business partner to senior and curriculum managers across the Group to support them in understanding and using management information to drive performance.
- Providing timely and accurate corporate governance data to the finance and other business units to meet scheduled and statutory deadlines.
- A proven leader and communicator with a track record for high performance in a similar role.
- The ability to look at the big picture and determine appropriate levels of operational detail.
- Deep working understanding of ESFA / HEFCE funding, compliance and audit regimes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - including discussion and presentation of complex data positions in an accessible form.
- Strong project and risk management skills - including to lead substantial, discrete, project work on e.g. Ofsted preparation, new client mobilisation from an MI perspective.
- Excellent technical skills in use of relevant MI systems and reporting applications.
Who We Are
The Hart Learning Group (HLG) is a charitable organisation with a mission to create social and economic value for individuals, businesses and the communities we serve through learning. The Hart Learning Group currently includes:
- North Hertfordshire College (NHC): a further education college with campuses in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth.
- Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D): a progressive learning business that supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent.
- The Hart Schools Trust: a burgeoning schools trust that currently sponsors Thomas Alleyne's Academy and The Roebuck School in Stevenage.
In 2015/16 we supported over 6,000 students, including 2,200 full time students at NHC, 1,600 apprentices and 400 trainees through Hart L&D. We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We're building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping our students get where they want to be in life. If you are looking for a new opportunity within an organisation that is progressive and striving for outstanding please apply today.
To apply please send a CV and one-page cover letter by email via the button below.
Closing Date: 9 th October 2017