Grants Adviser - Neuroscience and Mental Health
We are looking for a Grants Adviser to manage applications and awards within our neuroscience and mental health portfolio. In this role, you'll be part of our Grants Management team, supporting applicants, award holders and reviewers.
You'll be a vital part of Wellcome and you'll help us to achieve our aims. You'll join people with different backgrounds and different perspectives who work together to produce great results. We know that diversity creates inspired thinking, and we support it in a working culture of inclusion and equality.
In this role, you will:
- manage applications and awards in our Neuroscience and Mental Health
- carry out due diligence on grant applications
- manage peer review
- prepare applications for funding committees
- handle ongoing queries and casework for awarded grants
- support and advise our community of researchers on their management of grant applications and awards
See full job description
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- a degree in relevant neuroscience subject
- experience of the academic research environment
- strong understanding of research funding mechanisms
- strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to quickly build the trust of internal and external stakeholders
- strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage large workloads and work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality output
- excellent attention to detail
- strong IT skills and the ability to use large databases
- keen interest in being involved in ad-hoc project work and in wider team initiatives
We believe great ideas can change the world and improve health for everyone. At Wellcome, we help great ideas to thrive by supporting scientists and researchers, taking on big problems, fuelling imaginations and sparking debate.
Wellcome isn't just a supporter of great ideas; it's a great place to work. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We help our employees to develop in an open, respectful culture where differences are valued.
If you are talented and passionate about our work and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to improve health for everyone, then we'd like to hear from you. You can apply using the link below.
Interview date: w/c 30 October 2017