We are looking for a Consultancy Manager to lead a team of surveyors, project managers and support staff working with properties in Dorset and Wiltshire. Ideally you'll have a discipline in surveying and will be a member of RICS. Your role will be create conditions which enable brilliance and innovation across a wide range of stakeholders and teams all the pursuit of high quality conservation delivery.
There's no other organisation like the National Trust. No other organisation with such an extraordinary wealth of talent, expertise and insight. And that's why we've created the National Trust Consultancy, home to specialists in every field of our work. A national consultancy, where resources are shared across disciplines and boundaries, it is a great repository of skills, talent and experience. . It is an extremely exciting time for us as an organisation as we have set an ambitious strategy:
???As a Consultancy Manager, you'll act as an initial point of contact for properties across Dorset and Wiltshire and be responsible for managing deployment of consultancy services across the region in order to deliver our strategy You'll manage, direct and develop a team of surveying and support consultants and project managers, who deliver improvements to our visitor infrastructure, care for our landscapes and deliver significant building works in a heritage environment. They achieve this through offering practical advice and solutions across their specialist areas to both internal and external stakeholders.
In your role, you'll be responsible for their recruitment, deployment, development, performance management, reward and recognition and ensuing that they are delivering the highest quality of service to our internal and external customers. You'll also be instrumental in improving our project delivery across the business, from reporting on performance to developing our in-house skill set. Day-to-day, you'll use your networking skills to gain buy-in from all key stakeholders. Supporting business plans, you'll identify opportunities and needs - and make sure everyone has the tools they need - to look after our properties and places, and in turn serve our visitors and supporters. This will include overseeing stakeholder project managers based at Stonehenge and coastal sites. You will also line manage a project manager at the heart of an extremely ambitious and transformational project at Kingston Lacy, one of the nation's greatest treasure houses.
In order to be successful in this role you'll need to be:
- An influential and enthusiastic leader that inspires and engages
- Confident managing people over a distance
- Client and results focused with excellent consulting skills
- Excellent at influencing, negotiating and networking skills
- Highly organised with clear communication skills
- Analytical with a practical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable experience managing/ leading a team of multi-disciplinary skilled professionals in a client service/focused environment which includes responsibility for delivery of complex pieces of work/ projects
- Business/ Specialist qualification (preferably Chartered Surveyor)
- Preferably a member of RICS
- Demonstrable project management experience including organisational planning, budget management, reporting, and review