A fantastic opportunity has become available within Dimensions for an HR Officer. As an HR Officer for our London and the East Region you will be based at our offices in Colchester to provide expert support and advice to operational management in all areas of HR whilst consistently demonstrating HR best practice. The HR Officer will be the initial point of contact for all HR related queries both internal and external. The role will require some travel to our other offices in Whetstone, Hounslow, Wembley and Bedfordshire.
The post is a fixed term contract for 10 months to cover maternity leave and full-time 37.5 hours per week.
About the role
- Providing first level advice and guidance on HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues with the guidance of the HR Business Partner as required
- Involvement in employment relations case work and assisting in the preparation of employment tribunal cases
- Assisting with the preparations for disciplinary, grievance, absence management and performance improvement meetings and attendance at those meetings as appropriate
- Review sickness absence and undertake relevant interventions, including referrals to Occupational Health and advice to managers on phased return
- Assist with the creation and delivery of HR related training courses/workshops to managers on discipline and grievance, absence management, performance improvement and other HR related subjects
- Travel across your designated region
- Work with other HR colleagues to ensure a consistent approach in HR advice and improve overall effectiveness of HR delivery across the business
- Work in partnership with the HR team to support the review, creation and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Involvement in TUPE transfers developing your experience and supporting the HR Business Partner
- Undertake other duties from time to time as required by the Human Resource Business Partner.
- It is essential you will have operational HR experience, supporting managers in all aspects of HR, in particular disciplinary, grievances, performance and absence management
- Qualified or working towards CIPD is desirable
- You must have sound knowledge of current employment legislation and ability to translate this into workplace practices, with good commercial awareness
- Awareness of people management issues affecting the social care sector
- Experience of managing own time and workload effectively, meeting targets and deadlines
- Ability to inform and empower/coach managers, identifying the required approach in any given situation
- Experience of creating and delivering training on HR related subjects would be desirable
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, high level of accurate and ability to work as part of a team
- Up to 35 days' annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme 'Rewarding Dimensions'
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
The attached job description and person specification will provide you with lots of information on the role and Dimensions. To apply it couldn't be simpler - just click on the button below to complete the application process.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.