Job Title: IRIS Officer
Salary: GBP30,150 per annum
Salary Band: B2
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 1
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing date: 29/10/17 at 23:59
The Information Rights and Information Security (IRIS) Service is responsible for ensuring House-wide compliance with the provisions and requirements of the information Acts (Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIRs)).
The IRIS Service is also responsible for information security for the House of Commons which includes the risk assessment and accreditation of new IT solutions, providing support and assurance to the Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO), policy development and the delivery of training and awareness.
The successful candidate will be expected to co-ordinate support and resources for the IRIS service's principal work strands under the information Acts and information security, according to competing and changing demands. The post holder will be expected to make an effective contribution to the resolution of problems and the implementation of solutions in all areas of broader project management.
Working with the Information Rights Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating responses to requests for information received under the Acts.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the information Acts and an awareness of the requirements in the context of Parliament
- Demonstrates an understanding of the House of Commons information security policies or an awareness of the challenges faced by Parliament or other public sector organisations
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure, work individually on a day to day level, and prioritise work to meet deadlines. Flexible in responding to changing requirements and circumstances
- Annual leave starting at 28 days pro rata
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description which can be found on the House of Commons careers website.