Secretary / Administrator
We’re not just a uniquely influential organisation – we’re also a uniquely rewarding place to develop a career. Our work is complex, high profile, and makes a positive impact on the lives of everyone in the UK. And our secretarial staff play a big part in its delivery.
We’re looking to create a pipeline of outstanding administrative staff for opportunities as they arise, so we can’t talk about specific roles here. However, if successful, you can expect to be providing proactive support to a key team within the Bank. You’ll prepare documents, handle correspondence and maintain crucial systems - providing the information and resources your team needs to fulfil its vital function. And you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your role by getting involved in project-based work.
Whatever the opportunity that opens up, you’ll need to be confident, dependable and highly proactive, with administrative experience and solid time-management skills. Accuracy and attention to detail are vital too, as is the ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues at all levels. Excellent IT skills including an intermediate or advanced level understanding of Microsoft Office are essential.
Skills essential for secretarial and administration roles at the Bank of England include:
· Confident, responsible, dependable, self-start with a can-do attitude
· Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Flexible, adaptable and ability to work effectively as a team player
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to build and maintain good working relationships and networks
· Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
· Excellent IT skills – Microsoft packages at Intermediate/Advanced level is essential
Maintaining a stable economy for the people of the UK is a fascinating and ever-changing challenge. You’ll be right at the heart of it. Your role will see you experiencing and supporting a wide range of different departments. As such, we will provide training and development courses that could include professional Pitman qualifications, IT certificates and A-level courses. These, combined with the many opportunities to learn new skills on the job, will ensure that you, like us, never stop moving forward
The closing date is 17th November 2017. Applications will be reviewed throughout this period, so please apply as soon as possible.