Senior Audit Manager (IT)
Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- Working here is about being there for our customers; we're available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it's also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We'll help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
- Group Internal Audit is an independent team reporting to the Audit Committee. Our vision is to be recognised as a leading edge global audit team, which provides robust assurance and value creating insight and challenge through the excellence of our people and processes. We aim to help Legal & General accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Job Duties
- Execute a dynamic risk-based audit plan that focuses audit activity on key areas of most significant business risk. Provides assurance that the most significant risks to the business are being well managed.
Manage the workload of assigned audit resources including co-source providers, monitor the quality of audit files and ensure all audit work complies with GIA's methodology and quality standards.
Deliver audits on time and to agreed budgets, present to executive management and agree commercially viable audit recommendations and business actions to address areas of risk and failures in the control framework.
Deliver high quality audit reports and influence executive stakeholders to embed risk management practices, thereby improving the overall strength of their control framework.
Use influencing, negotiating and diplomacy skills to manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships.
Keep abreast of and anticipate significant external and internal regulatory and business changes, assessing their potential impact and developing audit strategies for audit activity in these areas.
Help drive change within GIA to enable the department to fulfil its Vision.
Act as a subject matter expert in the IT & Change
Coach junior staff, providing feedback on their performance and actively contributing to their personal development and subject matter expertise.
Provide input to GIA reporting to the Group Audit Committee, relevant business division Boards and Risk & Compliance Committees, on significant areas of concern and the remedial actions required to mitigate risk to the Group.
Ensure that the principles of treating customers fairly (TCF) are embedded into management practices, so that identified risks recognise relevant TCF outcomes, and business processes and internal controls are structured and performed in a way that effectively delivers the required TCF outcomes.
- Skills Required
- Directing and delivering a programme of audits, leading technical or complex reviews and providing overall quality control.
Strong leadership skills.
Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing.
Excellent team management and interpersonal skills and experience in working with and influencing senior and executive management
Energetic and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
Ability to offer purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge through sound, independent judgment and common sense
Resilient, handles adverse responses or criticisms positively and constructively
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at