Part time Legal Counsel
Legal counsel, solicitor, part time, central London, technology, general commercial
Our client based in Central London is an entrepreneurial and progressive technology business. They are a dynamic and growing entity pioneering a software service that ensures effectiveness in many businesses. They are seeking a Legal Cousel to join the business on a part time basis.
As Legal Counsel, the role will be responsible for:
• Advising the board on key legal/compliance developments and legislative changes that will impact the Group or its clients.
• Delivering specialist legal projects on time and on budget.
• Overseeing the corporate structure of the Group, including an overseas subsidiary.
• Drafting and negotiating all client/supplier licensing and service contracts.
• Drafting employment contracts, maintaining internal policies and providing employment advice to the Company.
• Administering the employee share scheme and shareholder/investor arrangements.
• Managing external legal counsel relationships and legal budget.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor (minimum 4 years PQE) with corporate/commercial experience gained in a large city law firm and, preferably, in-house experience. He/she will be familiar with commercial, IP, data protection and licensing issues and may have prior experience in the SaaS/Technology sector. He/she will be able to think commercially yet challenge the status quo in order to ensure legal risks are minimised. He/she will enjoy working in a small, but growing, entrepreneurial team, across the range of disciplines within the Company.
The role is part-time, averaging 3 days per week and may suit someone who is looking for a broad role in a smaller business or someone who is returning to work after a career break.
- Flexibility - 3 days a week
- Location - Central London
- Salary - up to GBP70K FTE