Apply now Apply via LinkedIn Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- Working here is about being there for our customers; we're available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it's also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We'll help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
- With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers' pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
- Job Duties
- Operations Delivery - Lead the delivery of an enhanced Payroll solution within LGR, setting and ensuring that exacting standards of quality, commercial outcomes, process/systems, communications, and customer experience are met. Operate inside key cost and commercial performance targets. Establish corrective plans as necessary planning for the future in line with business plans and forecasts.
- Compliance - Develop the appropriate processes and procedures to ensure that all systems relating to payroll are fit for purpose and compliant with all statutory & regulatory legislation and contractual obligations. Ensure business-wide application and compliance of all financial and audit controls within Payroll.
- Customer - Develop and cultivate strong and effective relationships with a range of internal and external contacts/customers and industry forums to ensure that best practice approaches to payroll are identified, tested and, where appropriate, adopted into the corporate Retirement business proposition in order that it can benchmark against best in class. Act as the business owner for relationships with any 3rd party payroll software provider and liaise with all clients on all payroll service.
- Technical Knowledge - Provide technical payroll expertise and act as business owner for all tax references relating to LGR. Provide thought leadership, identify improvements and deliver best practice for all processes, policies, and systems relating to payroll.
- Strategy - Shape the development of the overall strategy for the LGR Payroll proposition to meet the needs of customers and key stakeholders, establishing and extending our service offering as a differentiator in enhancing LGR's competitive position, its reputation and its ability to secure new customers and partners.
- Regulatory - Ensure LGR are 100% RTI compliant adhering to HMRC rules and build a relationship of trust for LGR with our HMRC relationship manager.
- Market Knowledge - Maintain an awareness of what is happening in the rest of the payroll industry and relate this back to both PRT and IR annuities. Maintain knowledge of current and new legislation impacting payroll and ensure this knowledge is shared with team and communicated where appropriate
- People Leadership - Take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement to maximise business performance.
- Treating Customers Fairly - Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk are embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times. Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk
- Skills Required
- Significant experience managing payroll
- CIPP qualified (level 5)
- Middle management experience in a service delivery environment
Knowledge & Skills:
- Detailed understanding of company policies and procedures
- Detailed knowledge and contribution to business objectives, sound judgement, strong commercial acumen and a commitment to continuous improvements
- Detailed understanding of the financial services industry, it's direction and implications of issues affecting it and their impact within L&G
- Thorough understanding of policies and able to provide direction to managers and staff.
- Able to identify and address issues and risks, encourage teams to adhere to and report any risk to health and safety within their area
Products, Processes & Change Management
- Detailed knowledge of retirement products and their place within the market.
- Detailed knowledge of processes and systems and the impacts of operational change
- High level understanding of the pension regulatory environment and it's impact on LGR
- Analysis and interpretation
- Ability to review data, identify trends and mitigate risk by recommending improvements
- Understand business drivers and ensure appropriate monitoring and measurement through M.I. provision and review
- Confident in delivery.
- Clear and concise in delivery
- Able to adapt delivery style to suit the audience.
- Able to generate and develop ideas to maximise potential within the role and with other LGR and L&G stakeholders.
- To be able to communicate verbally in an effective, clear and professional manner.
- Demonstrates an enthusiastic and positive approach.
- Able to participate in meetings, and influence outcomes as appropriate.
- Develops a good network of contacts.
- Able to provide constructive feedback.
- Excellent customer interaction skills, especially when dealing with complainants
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Able to handle queries on all aspects of complex processes and procedures
- Confident to make decisions within their own authority/responsibility.
- Demonstrates time management skills, setting realistic timescales and adhering to deadlines.
- Ensure workload is covered when absent.
- Contributes to team meetings.
- Works well as part of team, sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Provide direction, support and encouragement to the team.
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
The closing date for applications has now officially passed, but in line with our policy all roles on the redeployment portal do remain open for applications from redeployees only until the point an offer has been made. Please note that the selection process is underway and the role will be withdrawn once an offer has been made