Practice Supervisor - Blackburn
At Cafcass we know why you work in Social Work. To make a difference. To change lives. So you aim to be outstanding in all you do.
We share your ambition and champion the interests of children in family court proceedings, advising the courts on each child's interests based on their needs, wishes and feelings. In the last year we worked to safeguard and promote the welfare of over 115,000 of the most vulnerable children in our society, at a time of upheaval and uncertainty in their lives.
This opportunity to join us as a Practice Supervisor, based in our Blackburn office supporting the Service Manager to supervise a team of Family Court Advisers covering the Lancashire area, is an essential one in maintaining and continually improving our service standards.
The key areas of responsibility for a Practice Supervisor are:
- Ensure high-quality safeguarding and child protection measures are followed, keeping the well-being and safety of the child paramount at all times. You will achieve this by working directly with children & families to achieve safe and positive outcomes.
- Produce high quality work with a rapid throughput, assist with allocating cases and provide reflective supervision, informal coaching/mentoring and effective performance management to ensure high, consistent standards are achieved.
- Carry out advanced social work level case analysis, advising and assisting the Court to achieve timely conclusions and the best possible outcome. You will also administer orders made by the Family Court and ensure a clear child-focused plan of work in each case is provided. You will also instruct legal representation as required, and work in partnership with relevant agencies
Is this a role that interests you? If so, let us tell you a little more about some of the essential, minimum requirements we have for this role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- 4+ year's post qualifying experience in social work with children and families at risk
- Registered with the HCPC as a Social Worker in England
We also think you for you to succeed and truly make a difference you should be someone who;
- Is resilient and organised
- Can work proportionately
- Has strong, intuitive IT skills
- Is an effective verbal and written communicator
- Has experience of training, coaching and supporting to improve individual practice
- Can motivate and lead others to achieve realistic goals and monitor progress towards
Now we've told you about the role we hope you're ready to complete our short application process, including providing us with your current CV. Before you do, let us outline some of the benefits you'll be eligible for should you join us;
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Potential to bring your continuous service with you providing enhanced benefits
- Health & Wellbeing support including Healthcare Scheme Membership
- Payment of HCPC fees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We hope you've decided this is a role you would like, if so click on 'visit website' and that will take you straight to our short application process.