Supervising Social Worker - HOME BASED
An established and 'family feel' IFA require a home based Supervising Social Worker to join their team, supporting a low carer case load across Devon and Somerset.
This IFA has a stable care base across the region and are a small, friendly and supportive team.
Brief over view of role and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to foster carers
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency
- To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To contribute to the development of the fostering service
- To act, if required, as a member of Foster Care panel
- Be willing to work flexibly including evening and weekend work, when required, within the duty rota system or in emergencies.
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- HCPC registered
- Good experience across children and families social work
- Excellent knowledge of all relevant regulations and legislation
- Experience of working in a fostering team is ideal, but not essential
- A car owner / driver
This role is a great opportunity to join a friendly and credible IFA, with a good reputation and supportive culture
Salary is to GBP34,000 + company car
For further information, please contact Harriet on / /
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children's social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: With a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.