Insurance Officer - Fixed Term Contract - 6 months
Insurance Officer - Fixed term contract for six months
Salary: GBP35,000 pa
Location: London, SE1
Wandle is an organisation that is changing fast to meet the demands of an ever changing housing sector. This is a great opportunity to join us as the organisation evolves into a housing sector leader.
About the role
This is an opportunity for an experienced Insurance Officer to make a difference to all of Wandle's insurance arrangements. We are looking for the successful candidate to develop innovative solutions and initiatives to manage mitigate insurance risk and reduce the frequency and impact of insured risks. This is a new role, recognising the importance we place on this aspect of our business.
This is a demanding role therefore resilience and the ability to work under pressure is key.
For more information, please see the recruitment pack.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Insurance industry experience covering the handling of property and legal liability claims with particular reference to Landlord/Tenant relationship
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Insurance Policies held by Housing Associations, risks and impact on premiums
- Experience of dealing with the types of claims Housing Associations receive
- Knowledge of information required to defend/mitigate claims together with familiarity with claims management systems
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise reports
What we can offer you
In return for your dedication and commitment, we offer a competitive salary and reward package with a wide range of benefits that can be tailored to suit you, including 25 days annual leave, pension, healthcare, season ticket loans, retail discounts and weekly fruit deliveries. Our offices are also in an excellent, accessible location close to London Bridge and Borough Market overlooking the Thames.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to apply
To apply, please click through to our website to upload a CV and complete our online application where you will need to describe how you meet the key criteria of the role as described above. Please note you must complete all of the application form to be considered for shortlisting.
The closing date for this role is 10am on 2 November 2017. Applications will be reviewed weekly. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date and invited to an interview/assessment. (Early application is encouraged as the role may be closed early if there are a high number of applications).