Head of Finance
Mind is a fast growing organisation and Mental Health is currently high on the social and political agenda.
The organisation is currently recruiting for a new Head of Finance to have overall responsibility for the Finance directorate, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
You will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, ACA) with significant post qualified experience. You will also have extensive knowledge and experience of the charity sector and of working in a senior leadership role in a similar sized organisation.
Furthermore, you will have led a large team and have been responsible for both the transactional and management accounting functions. You will also have experience advising Senior management and Trustees.
Key Skills - Excellent leadership, communication, self-management, interpersonal and decision making skills.
Specifically, the post is responsible for:
- The provision of high quality financial advice to the Trustees, Mind senior team and to managers
- The provision of a high quality finance service, with a strong customer service ethos
- Developing and implementing Mind's finance strategy
- Co-developing and enabling a financial strategy for the Local Mind network, working closely with Local Mind Finance Heads & Directors
- Establishing and delivering a procurement function across national Mind and the Local Mind network
- Maintaining and managing Mind's Business Continuity plan
- Ensuring the active involvement & support of the Finance team in the work of Mind's front line departments, and ensuring close working relationships with the HR team
- Ensuring Mind is a high performing organisation in relation to Workplace Wellbeing
For a full job description, personal specification and to apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing date: 23 rd October 2017
Mind is an equal opportunities employer.