Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer - West Midlands - GBP30,000
My global client, based in the oil and gas industry, is looking to add to their every increasing IT department with a Technical Support Engineer. The primary duty for this candidate will be to work alongside the software development team in the investigation, testing and resolution of technically complex issues, on the OpenEnterprise Software SCADA product.
Responsibilities of the job will include:
- Provide support over the phone and Internet;
- Provide advanced level troubleshooting and good customer service;
- Undertake software product investigations and issue resolution;
- Drive Root cause analysis and final solutions
- Assist in the provision, installation, and maintenance of systems and environments;
- Evaluation and testing of new products;
- Make recommendations for enhancements to software;
- Writes operational documentation;
- Provide support to technical teams;
- Idenitify and report any safety or security issues;
- Maintain technical process procedures
- Provide onsite service assistance
- Provide product training
- Support our contract manufacturer with test issues, alternative component selection, etc.
- Participating in quality audits where necessary
- Adhere to local and international company principles, practices and procedures
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a Technical Equivalent
- Understanding of SCADA software (SQL, IT, and Windows)
- Understand of RTU and Communication Protocols
- Software engineering practices
- Installation and licensing knowledge
- Knowledge of electronic component specifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical troubleshooting and follow through skills
- 3+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of the natural gas industry
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.