Interim Financial Reporting Accountant - 6 Months
Apply now Apply via LinkedIn Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility' is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you'll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
- At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that's important to you is protected. With over 180 years' experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
- To assist in the preparation of the month end financial and management reporting for the GI business unit. Responsible for oversight and integration of subsidiary financial operations and reporting. This includes:
- Perform a key role in the monthly financial result production process for the GI business within the prescribed month end deadlines. This involves calculating and posting many of the required month end adjustments for review by the Financial Reporting Manager. The process requires liaison with areas sourcing data and also the users of our outputs, both internal and external.
- Provide Accounting support to subsidiary entities, ensuring that appropriate reporting and control procedures are implemented and adhered to, monthly results are prepared, reviewed and submitted in line with required timescales, and a suitable package of management information is developed.
- Assist with the production of the regulatory reporting returns, including those required under the Solvency II regulations, under the supervision of the Financial Reporting Manager.
- Provide support to the wider business, Group Finance, and external auditors in relation to ad-hoc requests for financial analysis of results, ad hoc MI requests and production of reports as required. Assist in identifying improvements to our processes and outputs to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Provide assistance when necessary to the performance of tasks falling within the responsibility of the wider Financial Reporting team, including the ability to deputise for the Financial Reporting Manager when required.
- Assist as required with financial reporting related project work. This may include re-engineering existing or developing new processes as a result of a new product or customer, new regulatory requirements or to improve efficiency. Utilise this knowledge to proactively identify opportunities for further process improvements.
- Responsible for first review of all quarterly tax and other regular returns under the supervision of the Financial Reporting Manager. These include the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT), VAT and Income Tax (CT61) returns, plus statistical returns for the Association of British Insurers and the Office for National Statistics.
- Skills Required
- Knowledge of UK financial reporting environment and IFRS.
- Good knowledge of insurance accounting and reporting preferred.
- Knowledge of best practice in relation to financial reporting and operational controls
- Reasonable knowledge of PRA reporting requirements.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, ACMA) or part qualified accountant with appropriate relevant sector experience.
- Financial Sector experience preferred, specifically General Insurance.
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information, please contact Ruth Prosser, Resourcing Consultant, at