Java Software Engineer- J2EE
- Java developer responsibilities include designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Carry out design, development, integration and testing of applications and services
- To provide analytical and innovative input to projects and operational support tasks
- Upskill team members in the domain of software development and Scripting
- Maintain knowledge of the software industry and new trends and approaches
- Maintain knowledge of the Cloudera product suite
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current threat trends and security technologies
- Experience of working in a complex technical development and integration environment
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Orientated Analysis and design using common design patterns
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience as a Sun Certified Java Developer
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Extensive experience of software version control systems, preferably Git
- Extensive experience with issue management and change management systems, preferably the Atlassian toolset
- Experience working as part of an Agile development team
- A thorough understanding of software build and release management
- Extensive experience of Scripting languages (Windows or Linux) to automate various processes
- Works under broad direction
- Full accountability for own technical work and project responsibilities
- Analyses business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign bespoke application solutions
- Self-starter, work is often self-initiated
- Can coach and mentor other team members
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.