Social Worker - Looked After Children ( LAC )
Social Worker - Looked After Children ( LAC ) - Redhill, Surrey - GBP32,839 - GBP38,312 We are pleased to announce that the Looked After Children ( LAC ) Team in Redhill, Surrey have a vacancy available for a experienced Social Worker. The team is both experienced and motivated by the work that they do. It is a well sought after role so apply now to avoid disappointment! We are ideally looking for a confident and skilled Social Worker who is determined to achieve the best for children. This is a permanent role for 36 hours per week based at Leatherhead, Surrey. Benefits of the roles as a Looked After Children Social Worker:
- GBP2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave
- Relocation assistance of up to GBP8,000 to help you be closer to work
- Supporting social workers with their career development is a priority for us. In Surrey we ensure that our social workers have varied, mixed and manageable workloads, regular supervision, and through annual appraisals you will be have the opportunity for career development and pay progression.
- Supporting children living with relatives, friends or foster families and perspective adopters or older children living in children's homes and semi independent units. Ensure their safety and support them towards independence.
- Through regular visits, assessments and reviewing their Care Plan, you will nurture and develop meaningful relations with these children; understand and interpret their wishes, and champion and support them to reach their full potential. Occasionally, you will be required to prepare reports and attend court.
- You will be supported in this challenging role with regular supervision, and by working alongside other social workers, family support workers and partnership organisations such as: Health Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and Independent Reviewing officers and carers.
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Have a full UK license and access to your own vehicle
- Be qualified as a social worker and registered with HCPC
- Have a broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- Have the ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
- Have an enhanced DBS