Curriculum Manager - Health, Life Sciences, Childcare & Education - Ay
- To deliver outstanding student success through operational leadership and management of a team of staff including lecturers, assessor trainers and business support staff.
- To consistently deliver high quality and innovative teaching and learning, achievement and progression outcomes for all learners To line manage a high performing team of staff and support the teams development through Personal Development Reviews, target setting, performance management and staff development To ensure that the curriculum offer meets the needs of students, employers and local stakeholders now and in the future To maximise staff utilization and resources through astute financial management in order to provide a distinctive high quality student experience To embed an aspirational culture with students and staff across the curriculum area
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- To lead and motivate a team of staff to achieve high performance standards
- To provide an outstanding learning environment To provide a high quality student experience that enables students to succeed beyond their expectations To provide programmes of study that meet individual student needs and progression aims To monitor student progress against achievement, value added and progression targets and deliver successful outcomes To ensure that all direct reports are familiar with and comply with College policies and procedures. To ensure that all team members are clear about their responsibilities and accountabilities and how they align to college strategies To hold regular team meetings and 1:1 meetings with all direct reports To ensure that all external awarding body verification and awarding criteria are met To support students in developing high quality skills in order that they can progress successfully to employment, further training and/or education. To lead the team by example on current knowledge, understanding and practice of Teaching, Learning and Assessment To undertake an agreed teaching commitment To ensure College systems and procedures are followed by all members of the curriculum team Through active employer engagement to offer a curriculum that is recognised and valued by employers as industry relevant To work with the curriculum team and Curriculum Director to develop the curriculum portfolio To manage a budget and maximize utilization of resources To actively seek out and respond to the student voice To act as a Duty Manager as part of the College rota
- Actively promote and market the College and present a positive image of the College and its activities both within and outside the College environment.
- Ensure the quality standards and performance measures applying to the work of the department are met and facilitate continuous improvements in all aspects of the post.
- Ensure a minimum of 30 hours each year continuous CPD related to the success in the role.
- Carry out any duties at all times in accordance with the College's policies including Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies.
- Incorporate into the role the philosophy, values and behaviour stated in the College mission and Strategic plan.
- Ensure the adherence and maintenance of the College's security and disciplinary procedures
- Undertake any other responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the post, which the Principal or their senior management representative may from time to time require.
- Actively support the College policies on the protection of children and vulnerable adults.