Lead Solutions Architect
Lead Solutions Architect
GBP50,866 - GBP57,728 plus benefits plus potential relocation support
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Solutions Architect to join a public sector client based in Plymouth, working on a permanent basis. You will be a focal point for solution architects and senior designers, for the continuous improvement and development of Enterprise Architecture standards, principles and roadmaps. Assisting with the development of business cases, you will ensure that technical solutions have been evaluated and risks surfaced. In return, you'll receive a market leading pension, extremely generous annual leave, and options for flexible working.
- A record of achievement in the development of enterprise-wide architecture and processes within a structured framework and in the modelling techniques which help understand a business and its operation eg blueprints and roadmaps. Ideally experience will be in platforms and languages appropriate to Land Registry's transformational architectures (eg cloud and virtualisation technologies, open source software, web technologies and frameworks such as Java, Python, Ruby, Linux, Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases)
- Record of application of in depth commercial and technical IT expertise in a variety of environments and ability to demonstrate sensitivity to and awareness of the social, environmental and corporate impacts of IT
- Demonstrates current and thorough understanding of the developments in the application of Information Systems and is able to assimilate advice from specialists - technical or otherwise
- Demonstrates leadership skills to handle innovation and change resulting from the implementation of new information and communications technology solutions
- Proficient in preparation and monitoring of budgets to minimise costs and ensure cost effectiveness
- A track record of collaborating with IT suppliers or service providers.
- Evidence of working with senior stakeholders to deliver business change
- Knowledge of architecture methodologies, standards, practices, governance, reference patterns, the full development life cycle and agile methodologies and tools
- TOGAF 9 Certification
- Agile/SCRUM Master Certification.
- Certification or experience with TOGAF, Zachman, FEAF, DODAF, COBIT, ITIL a plus.
- An understanding of Central Government IT related initiatives, policies and standards
- Experience of the competitive IT procurement life cycle; specifically solution specification and evaluation criteria.
- Experience of building, maintaining and managing relationships with vendor Technical Design Authority functions.
If this sounds like something of interest, please apply immediately. You can also reach me directly.