Electronics Engineer (Medical Devices) - GBP45k - Coventry
Are you an Electronics Engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity in electronics and hardware engineering in the Medical devices sector in Coventry, West Midlands? Our medical technology engineering client has a new requirement for an Electronics Engineer to be based in Coventry, West Midlands.
The client are a fast growing Medical technology company based in Coventry, West Midlands. Their main projects include a focus on developing innovative medical imaging technology, sensor technology within medical devices and more. The company is a privately owned company by people who are developed, knowledgeable and passionate within their field
The Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Develop new Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Assemblies.
- Work with the Engineering Team to manufacture one off prototype devices to a standard acceptable by both regulatory bodies and relevant medical physics and other stakeholders.
- Propose design improvements to existing products.
- Investigate and propose improvements to current product designs.
- Conduct one off experiments to support proof of concept design.
- Design and manufacture test rigs and other support devices for existing devices.
- Provide in-house and field based technical support for prototype and released devices.
- Support external testing where applicable.
- Interface and collaborate with external engineering partners as applicable.
- Maintain development and program documentation to a standard required by various medical regulatory and quality standards.
They are ideally looking for a candidate who also has the following:
- An applicable degree level education in Electronics Engineering or similar discipline
- Demonstrated skills in product development and product innovation, preferably in a highly regulated environment.
- A good understanding of good engineering practices in software and electronic design.
- Good project management skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a wider group to common deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- 3+ Years of experience in electronics design and development of analogue and digital electronics
- 3+ Years of experience of design and development with microprocessors and associated peripheral electronics - experience with STM32 processors would be an advantage
- Low level C coding for Microprocessor test and development.
- Experience of FPGA design and coding using Verilog or VHDL
- Proven ability to fault finding at a circuit level.
- A good working knowledge of multilayer PCB design processes and tool such as Altium or Eagle.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in design for EMC.
- Experience of software development with a good working knowledge of developing and testing code in Python and C would also be an advantage.
- A good appreciation of mechanical design principles.
- A good understanding of quality management systems such as ISO 13485 or equivalent.
- Must have a current and valid UK/European driving licence.
If you are interested in the role apply now! Click the button or call Rachel at Vivate recruitment for any further questions.