Risk Analyst / Risk Analyst Lead
- A Risk Analyst for our Prime Mortgage Credit Strategy Team
- Based at our Head Office in Swindon
- On a full-time, permanent contract
- Salary: Risk Analyst GBP25,169 - GBP36,365 (target salary of GBP27,699) / Risk Analyst Lead -GBP30,204 - GBP43,628 (target salary of GBP33,560)
- Closing date 23/10/2017
Who we're looking for
We are looking to recruit an Analyst to help develop Nationwide's secured lending risk strategies. This is a great opportunity to join a team that makes a real difference to the Society and our customers by delivering market-leading and commercially focused credit strategies. The decisions we make have a direct impact on progress towards our growth and profitability targets. Along the way the successful candidate will gain a wealth of analytical and strategic experience in teams producing regular recommendations for an Executive Director level audience.
As a minimum requirement you'll:
- be degree educated with a 2.1 degree in a relevant subject.
- be self-motivated, articulate and highly numerate
- have good communications and interpersonal skills
- demonstrate a logical approach and an attention to detail
- have experience in using programming and coding tools as part of your degree or job
It would be advantageous if you also had:
- experience in statistical and analytical tools such as SAS or SQL
- a risk management background
- a track record of using statistical and business analysis to drive strategy changes
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to analyse, interpret and evaluate complex data and a track record of producing imaginative solutions in response to a range of challenges.As long as you have the passion and determination to grow and develop, you'll make a great impact on our business and our customers, who are at the heart of all we do.
What you'll be doing
This challenging role offers the chance to work on a diverse set of high profile activities. You'll analyse data to provide the business with insight into how our mortgage portfolio is performing and to develop lending strategies that balance risk appetite with our growth and financial targets.Your work will be varied and technically demanding, and you could be working on your own or as part of a wider team. However you undertake your work, the purpose will always be the same - your role will be to support the development of best in class credit risk strategies that reward our customers and deliver value to Nationwide.