Account Manager - Retention Team
At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ over 500 people and manage more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we’re always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
This is an opportunity to be part of a new growing team with a huge strategic significance for Octopus. This role will include responsibility for designing and implementing client-focused strategies to drive up the rate of retention of Octopus funds under management at key points in the customer journey (for example, following the death of an IHT investor).
The role would suit an individual seeking either full time or part time with a passion for delivering excellent customer service and a strong account management skills, who shows a sales-oriented desire to be recognised for delivering a positive commercial outcome for the business.
Sales Training and on the job coaching will be provided for candidates.
Through the delivery of excellent customer service and the efficient dissemination of information about the potential benefits of retaining investments with Octopus, drive up the rate of retention of funds.
- Liaising with clients both internal and external
- Map the process and identify areas for improvements in the delivery of information to executors, beneficiaries, solicitors and Financial Advisors
- Maintain channels of telephone, email and/or written communication with these stakeholders to communicate the potential benefits of retention
- Communicate sensitively with representatives of investors, showing empathy and providing excellent customer service at what may be a challenging time for them
- Devise and execute a process for identifying business development opportunities with stakeholders that we communicate with as part of the deceased and probate process (e.g. solicitors and financial advisers)
- Participation in mandatory training and at team/company meetings
- Passion and aptitude for delivering excellent customer service
- Sales-oriented hunger to deliver successful commercial outcomes for the team and wider business
- Excellent email, and telephone-based communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to work cross-functionally to further team objectives
- Ability to build a strong understanding of the current deceased and probate processes (both internal and external)
- Drive, ambition and self-motivation
- Clear, concise and articulate with an ability to be influential/persuasive when needed
- High quality interpersonal skills with honesty and integrity in your style
- Highly confident telephone manner
- Robust process skills with a flexible work ethic
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don’t make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you’ve got a great idea, don’t keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.