GCSE English Language Examiner - Newly Qualified Teachers
Pearson have seen a real growth in market share for our GCSE English Language qualifications. We welcome applications for Examiners from newly qualified teachers (NQTs), as well as experienced teachers.
As a NQT, working as an Examiner will provide you with an excellent opportunity to enhance your knowledge of the assessment cycle and will increase your familiarity with the new specification.
A GCSE English Language (2015 specification) Examiner marks candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to Code of Practice and examination procedures. Marking will be conducted online using ePEN, which can be done from home. A few subjects are still marked in the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
- To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained
- To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times
- To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to
- To ensure all administration is completed as specified
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will be a qualified teacher
- You will be in your first year of teaching GCSE English.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- The marking period is between May - July.
- The training required to mark as an examiner will take place between May and June.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.