Finance & ICT Manager for a charity in Bath
Working for this charity, you will gain the rewards and satisfaction of being a key member of a team dedicated to the health, wellbeing and training of local apprentices in each area of the business and forging strong links with the local community.
The role is based in a beautiful Georgian Manor house with hotel and surrounded by 76 acres of natural woodland estate on the edge of Combe Down in Bath, Somerset.
We are looking for a person with significant knowledge and experience in financial and management accounting. Qualified or working towards ACA, ACCA or CIMA, you will be a confident user of excel and have demonstrable experience in the development of a comprehensive, responsive and effective ICT function and service.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Deputise for the Financial Controller and manage finance team members in her absence
- Take responsibility for the successful running of Combe Grove's ICT and to lead on all matters relating to ICT
- Line manage an ICT / Finance apprentice
- Lead on standards and practice actively reflecting the vision and values of Combe Grove and the Elmhurst Foundation
- Supervise and support finance and ICT team members to develop team spirit and achieve a high standard of performance
- Encourage and review feedback constructively to develop and promote continuous service improvements
- Respond in a courteous, timely and effective manner to all internal and external concerns and complaints received about areas under Finance and ICTcontrol in accordance with the Combe Grove Complaints policy
- Develop, monitor and review effective Standard Operating Procedures, SOPS, for the Finance and ICT teams and ensure that they are implemented and followed by the teams
- Adhere to the Shield Health and Safety manual and reporting requirements of the Shield system.
The Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- ACCA,ACA or CIMA qualified or working towards
- Confident user of excel
- Significant experience of financial and management accounting.
- Significant experience of ICT management
- Experience of developing, monitoring and managing budgets
- Experience of procurement and managing suppliers and contracts
Experience of dealing with customer concerns and complaints with the ability to manage expectations and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and professionalism