Support Worker - Stokenchurch- FULL UK LICENCE NEEDED DUE TO LOCATION!
Contract type: - full-time / part-time / bank / Zero Hours
Do you have a companionate and caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
At Source Care, we support people with Learning Disabilities across Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to residents' lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?
The project is a 24-hour supported living facility in providing care for people with Learning Disabilities for over 10 years.
We accommodate up to six people with mild to moderate Learning Disabilities. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same.
Your duties will include:
• Promoting the independence of people, we support
• Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out, or going away on holiday
• Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
• Personal care, manual handling & helping with medication
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential.
What is essential is that you are:
• Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
• Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
• A great team player with lots of energy
• Able to demonstrate good communication skills
• Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
This is a 24-hour service; therefore, flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00 to 2:00pm and 2:00pm to 10:00pm, alternating weekends.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
• Excellent training and development-FULL CARE CERTIFICATE
• Mid Shifts! 10:00-18:00 or 12:00-20:00
• Great rates of pay.
• Join an outgoing, friendly and welcoming support team to help support those with Learning Disabilities.
Why Source Care
We take pride in the services that we provide to.
Our Core Values are:
• Customer service
Please apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79699369