- Are you passionate about navigation?
- Do you want to share your specialist knowledge to inform the content and quality of current and future maritime products and data-sets?
- Do you want to develop new skills?
If so we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking for candidates with the right aptitude and recent relevant maritime experience to help move our business forward.
Your role is to produce safe, comprehensive and up-to-date volumes of Sailing Directions and Section IV Notice to Mariners for the Royal Navy and commercial shipping market. You will also provide navigation and maritime expertise to the product output of the Production Teams within Operations and other sections within the UKHO.
This will include:
- Assessing and verifying large quantities of new information, including Foreign Government Hydrographic Office charts, Notice to Mariners and Sailing Directions, photographic views and reports of survey from HM Ships and contract companies
- Updating databases, issuing Notices to Mariners and maintaining volumes of Sailing Directions with updates accordingly.
- Supporting colleagues in the Production Teams with maritime input into planning or decision making to assist in the production of charts and other navigational products.
You will, in addition, become proficient in the use of bespoke and industry standard Geographic information Systems and Desk Top Publishing software.
At the UKHO we value our employees: therefore in return we’ll provide you with an attractive range of benefits to support your career with us, including a competitive pension scheme, generous leave allowance, flexible working, a car-share scheme, subsided on site gym, on site crèche, regular training and development opportunities. Full details can be found on our website.
Package £26,636 starting salary, increasing to £31,017 on progression to the next level, with a non-pensionable allowance of up to £7,000, dependent on skills and experience.