Audit Assistant Manager – North London
We are currently working with a growing Top 50 accountancy firm in North London that would like to speak with ambitious accountants regarding an opportunity at Assistant Manager level within their Audit team. Working closely with the Senior Management team and Partners you will manage a small portfolio of clients and supervise more junior members of the audit team. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to push onto Manager level in a short period of time.
- Planning and leading large complex audits with turnover up to £40 million, including specialist audits e.g. FSA, pensions, solicitors, charities and schools. The client base will be mixed with a range of corporate clients.
- Providing support to Senior Managers and Partners with client work.
- Supervision, review, training and development of junior staff. Delegating work to junior staff as appropriate
- Preparation of draft business tax computations
- Preparation of draft statutory accounts under FRS102 and old UK GAAP from client’s numbers pre audit
- Larger accounts preparation jobs for audit exempt limited companies, partnerships, LLPs
- Preparation of complex consolidation accounts
- Where applicable drafting recommendations to management post audit
- Provide straightforward advice to clients on accounts/statutory and basic tax matters
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- At least 4 years’ recent experience within external audit in the UK
- Ideally some experience in the following: Proaudit, CCH Accounts Production (AP), Sage, Alphatax and excel – Training can be provided if no experience.
- Experience managing, training and developing junior staff.
- be a good communicator and be able to deal confidently and effectively with both clients and staff alike.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a firm that take the work/life balance of their staff very seriously. You will operate on a flexitime basis and will receive 28 days’ holiday + Bank holidays along with a range of other great benefits. The firm really want someone that is ambitious and the right candidate will have the chance to push through to a Manager’s position in a short space of time.
If you would like further information then please apply today or contact the levitate Recruitment team for further information.