Audit Manager – assist in the development and growth of the audit team
Levitate Recruitment are currently working on behalf of a leading accountancy practice who currently require an experienced Audit Manager. They have an extremely strong presence in the area and have seen considerable growth within their audit client base and department over the past 12 months having secured new business across all industry sectors.
As a Manager within their audit division you will be responsible for overseeing audit engagements through your team, maintaining client relationships and supporting the partners in developing the business further.
- You will be responsible for the hands off elements of managing and planning technically challenging audits from start to completion.
- You will report to and communicate workload with the senior managers and partners; seeking their advice as necessary.
- You will be responsible for managing the audit team this will involve allocating work to team members and ensuring the team complete the audit within time restraints. You will also be expected to take an active role in coaching, motivating and developing junior team members.
- Clients will vary in size and industry and be a combination of large multi-national corporations, landed estates, entrepreneurs, and smaller family owned companies.
- You will act as the key contact for client queries and be expected to actively engage with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of audits.
- You will be working directly with the Partners in the development of new business relationships through networking, attending events and assisting with new business pitches.
- You will be involved in a number of one-off assignments and special work within your clients incorporating involvement areas such as due diligence, restructuring and exit planning.
- You will be groomed by the Senior Partner to become an all-round professional in preparation for you taking over in your first Partnership position including new client origination, work tendering and pitches.
- You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with 5-6 years external audit experience within public practice in the United Kingdom.
- You will have experience in managing, supporting and mentoring junior staff.
- You will have proven capability of delivering on technically challenging statutory audits in a range of industry sectors.
- Possess exceptional client skills, have the ability to build and maintain client relationships and have a proactive approach to understanding business issues.
- You will have an interest in or a proven track record in aiding business development and developing effective marketing strategies and work introducer relationships.
- You must have the right to work within the UK without sponsorship.