Care Assistant (Gosport/Fareham)
Our Care Assistants are the most vital members of our team. This is an incredibly special role - it is a privilege to be so involved in the lives of the people we support.
As a Carer, you will be involved in supporting the daily activities of our clients in a person-centred manner; promoting their dignity, independence and well-being, and becoming an integral part of their lives.
No experience is necessary as you will be fully trained. However, while we can teach you most things, we cannot teach you compassion and empathy and so these are our essential requirement for this role.
Our Carers are dedicated, have a genuine interest in the people for whom they care, and - above all – are naturally kind and warm-hearted.
Working Times: Hours to suit from 7am – 10pm
Working Days: Monday to Friday and every other weekend
Areas: Gosport / Fareham
Rate of Pay: Mon - Fri £9.25 per hour, Sat & Sun £10.00 per hour, & Bank Holidays £15.00 per hour (this incorporates mileage and travel time. Can claim additional mileage from HMRC)
*MUST HAVE A FULL UK DRIVING LICENSE WITH ACCESS TO A CAR*
What we Offer in General
- Fantastic rates of pay, with increases for bank holidays
- Available Part time and Full time
- 30 mins minimum call time
- Holiday Pay
- Bank holiday Pay - DOUBLE TIME
- 1x Pink uniform provided
- All PPE provided
- Continuity of clients and run
- Working only in set areas
What we offer in Training:
- Paid 24hrs class room training over 5 days
- Paid Additional hours for Shadowing before working
- Small classroom groups
- 1 to 1 support i.e. reviews, competency checks and observations
- Care Certificate Training in-house
- Specialist Care Training all available ‘in house' - Dementia, Palliative Care to name just a few all nationally recognised
- NVQ available up to Level 5
- Excellent career prospects for people who show initiative and passion
Bonuses and Perks:
- Paid yearly MOT* Certificate
- Staff Christmas Party
- 20mins monthly massage
- £50 referral bonus*
- £25 for each completed recognised course
- Yearly Family Fun day
- Monthly events
Please detail your availability on the cover letter of the application. Please note we are unable to accommodate school hours i.e. 08:30 start time, as we require a 7am start time for morning shifts.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78633293