Site Manager - The Duston School (FTC 6months)
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To be in charge of site operations at The Duston School, Northampton on a 6 months fixed term contract directing and organising site activities to ensure that the planned maintenance and projects are delivered safely and on time. To monitor that performance meets recognised standards of productivity, quality and compliance with essential health and safety provisions.
What will this role involve?
- Produce rosters for the operatives under their management
- Resource suitably competent staff to complete activities and provide sufficient and timely supervision, assessment and coaching to ensure performance at agreed production levels
- Undertake detailed site visits
- Perform quality checks in line with contract specification and contract statement of requirements
- Maintain accurate records of site resources
- Produce reports and provide information in a timely manner and provide daily resource sheets, weekly plant returns, weekly materials returns and subcontract performance reports
- Ensure that all staff have the right skills and equipment to perform their tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ensure operative records (operative list, maintenance, job titles, skills and training) are accurate and kept up to date each week
- Manage day to day HR queries as and when appropriate.
- Liaise with customers, clients, local authorities and other interested third parties regarding past, present or future works
- Comply with the relevant Company HSQE and welfare policy provisions
- Regularly undertake all necessary and appropriate Tool Box Talks, Briefings and other communications and attend cascade briefings as directed and in a timely manner
- Perform On Call duties as directed
- Maintain own levels of skill and knowledge to do the job effectively
- Perform other duties as directed by your line manager or management team
What are we looking for?
- Hold recognised supervisory or leadership in management course or equivalent in experience
- IOSH managing safely
- Understanding Health and safety legislation
- Computer literate
- Ability to manage a budget, and possess a clear focus on high quality and control of costs along with commercial awareness and an understanding of basic business finance e.g. capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads
- Proven experience in managing high output, plain line and/or S&C construction sites
- Possess the skills and confidence to supervise and coordinate site requirements and tasks
- Well presented, professional and able to communicate professionally and effectively, particularly to external parties such as clients, customers and local authorities
- Proven experience in leading a delivery team with the ability to motivate and coach people
- Demonstrable experience in solving problems, resolving conflict, arbitrate, negotiate and make sound judgements and decisions
- Reliable, tolerant and be able to get on with others
What makes this role unique?
You will be part of Amey's Northampton Schools Account where we operate 43 schools across Northampton area providing soft and hard facilities management services.