Senior Care Assistants
Job Title: Senior Care Assistants
Location: Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Salary: £8.00 to £8.50 per hour dependant on experience
Position: Full and Part time
Sector: Healthcare / Social Care
Opportunities are available for exceptional Senior Care Assistants to join an established, purpose built Residential Home located in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. Full and part time positions are available, and we welcome interest from Senior Care Assistants who are willing to work both days and nights. Successful Senior Care Assistants will earn £8.00 to £8.50 per hour, dependant on experience.
Homecroft Residential Home provides a happy and homely environment for all 23 residents. It is an established family run venture, and strives to deliver high quality, person centred care within modern surroundings. The home specialises in encouraging and supporting each resident to remain as independent as possible, within a safe and caring environment. The home is located within a pleasant residential setting with excellent transport links by bus and train.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be required to:
- Consistently deliver a high standard of care to all our residents.
- Support or assist residents to maintain all activities of daily living, ensuring that their personal care, physical and emotional needs are met with dignity.
- Possess excellent communication skills and ensure all residents, relatives and staff are addressed in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensure that all care is assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated to a consistently high standard and make clear daily records on progress.
- Act as a role model to less experienced Care Assistants providing support and direction, ensuring all allocated tasks are delivered to a high standard.
- Support residents to self-administer medication, or administer medication effectively and safely in accordance with Homecroft Care Group Policy.
You will possess:
- NVQ Level 3 In Health and Social Care
- 2 years experience in direct care, preferably within an older person setting
- Proven experience in the supervision, allocation, and co-ordination of work to less experienced Care Assistants
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise care, and work under your own initiative
- A caring and compassionate disposition
- A competitive salary of £8.00 to £8.50 per hour dependant on experience
- 28 days annual leave per year (including all bank holidays)
- Genuine training and development opportunities
- Flexible shift pattern
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Generous paid breaks
- Refreshments whilst on duty
- Free DBS and flu vaccination
- Professional staff uniform
- Pleasant working environment
If you are interested in the Senior Care Assistant position, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the position. Informal visits are encouraged and welcome.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79357057