PLU Pricing Consultant
PLU Pricing Consultant
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within Personal Lines Underwriting (PLU) for a Pricing Consultant
What is PLU?
The Personal Lines Underwriting team (PLU) looks after the pricing and underwriting for Aviva’s suite of insurance products in the UK. As such we are at the centre of all insurance activity in the company and the wider UK insurance industry. At 100 strong, we have a huge range of skills and experience; some of us have been with the company for over 30 years whilst others have just finished their education. We always strive to deliver great customer experiences and strong financial performance through first-rate analysis, expert risk management and exceptional teamwork. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a real difference for the customers of the UK’s largest insurer, PLU is the place to be.
There are a number of different roles within PLU Our Pricing teams manage Aviva’s insurance portfolios, assessing trends and optimising performance to deliver competitive prices to our customers and profitable growth for the business. In your role as PLU Pricing Consultant, you will work in one of these teams, learning from the experts and adding your own perspective. As we have a diverse range of work within PLU there are lots of opportunities to move within the department, and we actively encourage it. Our Underwriters are responsible for quantifying and mitigating all forms of underwriting risk. Their work ranges from setting underwriting strategy to working on bids and deals, drafting policy wordings, reviewing customer journeys and assessing new propositions. PLU Underwriters are central to Aviva’s understanding of insurance risk across products and projects.
On a daily basis you’ll be providing analysis-based pricing recommendations or underwriting decisions to help deliver continual improvement to the account you’re working on and enhancing the customer experience. You will be central to the latest innovations, which support product development and our Digital First strategy. You will also work closely with colleagues from across the business to identify the right opportunities to achieve profitable growth and deliver the right outcomes for our customers.
Knowledge and Skills
We are looking for people with a wide variety of skills, behaviours and levels of experience. If you have all, or even some of the following we want to talk to you.
Strong analytical skills and a natural problem solver
- Attention to detail and working accurately
- Degree in an analytical discipline or relevant qualifications (such as CII)
- Experience with Rate Assessor, Radar, SQL or Excel
- Strong stakeholder management and customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure, both in isolation and with other areas of the business
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise given workload with business objectives
- Knowledge of UK insurance products and market
- Enthusiasm, self-confidence and an ability to learn and develop
Please note that these roles are available in Perth and Norwich for full time and part time applicants and we are advocates of flexible working.
Areas of Assessment
You will be assessed against the four Aviva values; Care More, Kill Complexity, Never Rest and Create Legacy. There may be further, more specific assessment for some roles.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary is competitive
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960059551