Senior Digital Manager
Who are we…
Breakthrough is a full-service communications agency that helps governments, communities, businesses, and NGOs address some of the most complex issues facing the world today and deliver positive social change. We work with global networks of influencers, including activists, NGOs, singers, sports stars, vloggers and businesses whom we partner with to deliver a broad range of campaigns.
As an integrated communications agency, we are able to research, plan and execute complex multimedia campaigns using our in-house resources held within each regional office.
Breakthrough has a global reach with offices in Tunis, Baghdad, Nairobi, London and Sydney, as well as team members in Tallin and Kiev. This means we are uniquely placed to adapt our expertise to differing cultural contexts at home, and around the world.
What's the role…
As our Senior Digital Manager you will provide our audiences with the best digital experience, wherever and whenever they are online. You will be responsible for providing the content that audiences are looking for at the right time and in the right places.
As our creative thinking and highly analytical Senior Digital Manager you will build a leading team and lead the development and implementation of an effective digital marketing strategy.
You will champion digital marketing solutions and develop the understanding and capability of colleagues in the best use and value of digital. You will bring expertise, leadership and inspiration to deliver measurable social change.
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of our digital communications output across a range of formats and platforms, from short-form online content to social, blogs, vlogs, apps and compelling and innovative digital content.
Our Senior Digital Manager provides leadership on how and in what form we tell our stories online, and the production ofworld-class digital content.You're responsible for ensuring we achieve excellence across all digital channels whilst being mindful that success is ultimately measured in positive behavioural and attitudinal change.
What you'll be doing…
- Leading and building a best-in-class digital team united in its approach to creating content, campaigning and digital marketing.
- Lead the creation of our digital marketing strategies to inspire audience engagement and behaviour change.
- Lead the development of innovative content whilst ensuring we meet deadlines for current work in production.
- Recruit and manage the best talent in the team.
- Instilling a test and learn culture driven by actionable insight from robust data and user testing.
- Regularly present to and share information with clients and internally through presentations and workshops.
- Help ensure client expectations are exceeded and communicate these expectations with your team and the wider company effectively.
- Work with colleagues to develop, execute and measure digital strategies.
- Full end to end responsibility for all digital marketing activity, including PPC, paid social, content marketing and driving website traffic.
- Determine testing methodologies, reporting requirements, and tracking needs, to ensure full impact and efficiency of campaigns. Strategically run split testing of ads where necessary in order to continually optimize content and targeting on social media platforms.
- Regular review of agreed digital KPI's including ROI, suggesting improvements and seizing opportunities.
- Manage and review budget objectives and constantly monitor targets to ensure plans are met.
What we need from you…
- Understand and love influencer marketing, blogging, digital and social media.
- Self-starter with the ability and creativity to deliver solutions
- Previous experience building and leading a high performing digital team
- Strong editorial, written and proofing skills
- Social media understanding within a B2C audience
- Excellent project management skills and track record of delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Knowledge of software and tools including: Content management systems; social listening; social media tools; Google Analytics; databases and asset libraries
- Advanced understanding of PPC/ CPC including Adwords, Facebook Advertising and other paid social channels.
- Commercially astute and results driven
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with the ability to communicate insight to business stakeholders clearly and concisely
- Friendly, approachable and good at building relationships
- Flexible and open to ideas
- Languages such as Russian or Arabic would be a bonus
Lastly, we're committed to hiring a diverse workforce from different professional and cultural backgrounds, and to that end we encourage a variety of people to our company to represent the diverse range of subjects associated with our projects.