PREVENTS MANAGER | national charity
Looking to work in the charity sector and benefit from flexible and home working (up to 3 days/week in the office) for one of the UKs leading children’s charities based in the East Midlands (commutable from Milton Keynes, Luton, Bedford & Cambridge) as a PR and Events Manager.
Use your PR skills in an intensely fulfilling role and join this wonderful charity that is looking for a committed and compassionate PR to work on an exciting national media and launch programme.
Its an exciting time for this charity, with a significant anniversary looming and a full national events programme planned to mark it; lots of key projects underway already, including a full re brand and many other supportive campaigns earmarked over the coming year to get your teeth into.
Supporting vulnerable children and their families nationally, you will join a small and hardworking team of passionate advocates and form part of this highly experienced group in a supportive and caring working environment, with good work life balance and flexible/home working to boot.
- Develop and implement a proactive PR and comms function across all channels (consumer, corporate and b2b) to grow brand recognition
- Manage and support local and national events.
- Support the charities corporate branding and messaging and communicate this across stakeholder groups
- Support the delivery of an integrated digital strategy including social media
- Work directly with the management team including the Assistant Director of Comms, CEO and Fundraising and Business Development
- Produce impactful content (external, internal and digital) for national, international and regional media alongside other team members
- Support and develop junior comms/marketing team members
- Promote key spokespeople from within the charity for media and events and act as first point of contact for media enquiries
Skills and Experience required:
- Strong media relations, devising key messages, writing, handling media enquiries and good understanding of working with the UK and regional media and have a network of contacts.
- Able to deliver both communications and marketing campaigns
- Experience of developing and implementing national events
- Knowledge of the charity sector - children/young people/social care sector is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with a faith based charity would be useful
- Knowledge of digital communications
- Able to work on own initiative and drive programmes
- Creative and innovative in approach and enjoy the challenge of working in this kind of environment
- Demonstrate gravitas and confidence to influence and advise others externally and internally
- Be willing to travel – a car driver and access to car and flexible approach to working hours
To apply for this role please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting CF0363